mobile menu

Apply Now

Order Prospectus

Industry Placements

Industry Placements at Lutube视频

Ahead of delivering Lutube视频, Lutube视频 was involved in an industry placement pilot scheme, working closely with the Department of Education, to offer 315 hour industry placements to students.

Lutube视频 has vast experience of delivering work experience and placements to students and has extensive links to employers. Last year, we offered over 500 industry placements to learners.

Thomas Stubbs, Professional Building Level 3, went on an industry placement with Willmott Dixon. Graham Leigh, Senior Manager at Willmott Dixon, sees industry placements as an ideal way of nurturing talent and inspiring young people to choose a career in construction.

Graham said:听"Tom has been hard working and dedicated, and we have been very impressed. We are looking forward to working with Lutube视频 again next year to find more industry placements for construction students.鈥

As part of his industry placement, Thomas helped to refurbish The Octagon Theatre in Lutube视频. The longer placement allowed him to complete weekly tasks, and he became a valued and popular member of the team. The placement helped Tom get a real taste of the different roles in construction, and he now knows exactly what he wants to do.听

Thomas said:听鈥淭he theory is really good, but being able to see things in person makes it more real and it鈥檚 helped when I鈥檓 back in the classroom. It鈥檚 also helped with my assignments as I can use things I鈥檝e done on placement as examples.鈥 Read more about听Thomas's industry placement.

Please see below our handy guide preparing you for industry placements:

Industry Placements

High quality, structured and outcomes-focused industry placements are essential to the new T Level programmes. Employers will set clear expectations and role descriptions prior to the placement starting. Students should also understand the role and how it will help them in the future.

Industry placements account for 20% of a T Level course, with the remaining 80% spent in the classroom. They'll provide you with the opportunity to develop your practical and technical skills in a role which is directly related to your course. They're also great as they give employers the chance to ensure that young people are developing the right skills and experience for their chosen industry.

Watch the video on this page to learn more and help make an informed choice about your future career.